by Peter Chiykowski
January 4 Update: The results are in! Through our Boxing Week promotion we're made free 15 decks available to educators through the form, and we're extending applications until January 17!
This boxing week, we're launching a very special promotion: from December 26 to December 30, for every main deck purchased through the website, we will make a free copy available to an educator, librarian, or community volunteer including free shipping worldwide! This any physical copy of the main Story Engine, whether purchased on its own or in one of our bundles.
(Less exciting: we're also doing a 30% off sale on PDFs!)
I know that I'm a more brave, compassionate, and talented writer because of the teachers who taught, encouraged, and mentored me. The right teacher at the right moment in a young writer's life can make all the difference. I'm excited for the chance to put writing tools in the hands of both educators and aspiring writers of all ages!
How educators can sign up to receive a free deck
We've created a Google Form that educators can use to apply for a deck.
The form contains all the details, but here's a quick summary:
- The form will be open from 26 December 2022 until 17 January 2023.
- Decks are allotted by a lottery system. We're reserving a proportion of decks for schools, libraries, and groups that serve communities who have reduced access to (or high demand for) educational/creative resources.
- We will consider 1 application from each school, library, or community group.
- The person who fills out the application must be a representative of the organization, or have permission to fill out a form and receive mail on its behalf.
- Each individual may submit 1 application.
- We will contact all applicants to provide a free printable PDF copy of the deck, even if your organization is not allocated a physical deck.
I'll note that any educator can download a free PDF of the complete main deck at any time through our educator demo form, and we also offer free lesson plans for using The Story Engine Deck in primary, secondary, and homeschool classrooms.